Thursday, July 9, 2009

10 years




I know it has been awhile and I promise to catch up sometime, but I couldn't let tomorrow go by without a little reflection.

Steve and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage tomorrow, July 10th. It is really hard to believe that time can go by so quickly.

10 years ago tonight, I was just coming off a great time at our rehearsal dinner and spending my last night as a "Gregg."

I remember waking up pretty early the next day and just being so excited. I don't think I ever got nervous. I just couldn't wait to see him, to be his wife, to go on vacation with him.

We had a wonderful wedding full of great memories...those of which I will probably watch tomorrow. Our family and friends surrounded us and made it a perfect day.

We didn't have much money in the early days and it was okay. We ate a lot of "jalapeno poppers," hamburger helper, and Lean Cuisine Frozen Meal kits. We played Playstation and even went to bed at the same time.
We went through one of the hardest things we have ever had to deal, but we had each other.

We loved our little apartment and we loved our first house. And we loved our little Ethan.

We made a very difficult decision to move away from what we knew as home. We have now lived in TN for as long as we lived in NC together.

The first years in TN were hard, yet brought us closer...because all we had were each other.

Then we were so blessed with our Sammy Girl.

You know, change is not a fun thing for me, but when I look back at all the changes we have had to make...they were worth it...because I had/have the love of my life right next to me.

Sometimes I say I want to go back to that time...to feel the way I felt...to look the way I looked...to have the simple life again. But, I am just not sure I would...because life with Steve is now richer...fuller...sweeter.

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart! I love you to a million pieces!

Kim

2 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Lovin' the pictures!!!!! How awesome!

Anonymous said...

aw, i'm awfully glad you guys are married. i just wish we got more double dates together....we need to work on that. :D