Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Chapter



Well, I was so excited for Sam to start Mom's Day Out--that was yesterday.

Today is the day she actually started, and well I wasn't so excited. It just hit me all of a sudden that she would be eating lunch there and napping there and gone ALL DAY!

I had a tough time when Ethan started last year. But to be honest I really thought it wouldn't bother me with her. Not that I love her any less, she is just a little more active, and into things, and whiny, and let's just say she's two and FULL of personality!

So, back to this morning... I was on the verge of tears, so I called my friend Mandy and she talked me through all the good things about her being at MDO.

I would have all that time to do school with Ethan.
She would have a good time.
Etc.

Throughout the day Ethan and I had some cute conversations.
This morning as we walked in the door from taking Sam:
Ethan: "I wonder if Sam is having her snack now?"

Later in the morning:
Ethan: "Is is nap time?"

Me: "No, are you planning on taking a nap today?"

Ethan: "No, I was just wondering if Sam was napping now."

We missed our little girl and sister today, but we made it. Ethan and I accomplished a ton of work. We even got to go on a date to a restaurant only open during the week and we had a great time--with Sam it would have been a little more complicated.

Sam had a great day too. She even napped!

Maybe the old saying is true: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Maybe that is what I should do with Mariah! :) I am glad things are going so well.
What curriculum are you doing with Ethan? We are doing K-5 also, so I am sure we could share notes :) I would love to get together when you are in Gastonia sometime.