Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The circus, the aquarium, and nerds

Last Friday we went to the Circus with our friends, Joe, Julie, Sophie, and Emme. The kids had a great time. Sam was just mesmerized the whole time and Ethan thought it was hilarious. I, on the other hand, realized why you go to the circus when you are a kid. As a kid, you have no idea how dangerous some of the stunts are and you can enjoy them. I was stressed a lot of the time, worrying that the people were going to fall. No one did and it was fun to watch all of the crazy things those people do.
We did find that the prices have gone up at the circus. The toys were ridiculously priced and the cotton candy should have tasted like gold for what they wanted for it.




On Sunday, Ethan and I took a little road trip with my friend Christina and her boys, Daniel and Wesley. She has passes to the Georgia Aquarium and had some discounted tickets for us to use. We stayed with her sister and brother-in-law on Sunday and all went to the Aquarium Monday. Ethan had a great time and the trip was fun for me too. Christina and I had 8 hours on the road to chat, which is hard to find time to do these days. Tara was a fabulous hostess and I am so thankful to be able to spend some time with her.

Here is the group shot minus Tara and her girls...she was taking the picture.

You might be asking, where was Sam? Well, since she had Mom's Day Out on Monday, I thought it best to leave her with Daddy. It was a lot easier for me, but I do think she would have enjoyed it.
While we were gone, Chase (the dog) did some thing to bug Steve...probably pee on something...
So, Sam said, "Daddy, Chase gets on my nerds! Does he get on your nerds?"
"He gets on Mommy's nerds, and Ethan's nerds too."
So, next time I am frustrated...I guess things are just getting on my "nerds!"

1 comment:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

I laughed out loud when you were talking about the circus...I know what you mean. I had to hold my breath a few times :) It was fun. Brock loved the motorcycles...hmm...could you have guessed that? Glad you had fun on your trip..you'll have to tell me about it later.