Ethan has been into making "books" lately. He uses A LOT of our printer paper and I feel like the paper Nazi. Tonight he read us his "Zoo Book." The premise of the book is to tell the reader what the different animals like to eat. I will state the animal that he drew, then his words and then the translation...think phonics...He is really applying a lot of what I am teaching him.
Page 1: Bunny
WODR AND CARRT'S (water and carrots)
Page 2: Crocodile
WODR AND LEG'S (water and legs)
Page 3: Person
WODR AND BSGDE (water and "bsgetti" or spaghetti)
Page 4: Butterfly
FOLIING FROOT THEET FOLLIIN (falling fruit that falling)
Page 5: Rat
RATS LIK TO ETE GRBIJ (rats like to eat garbage)
Page 6: Mouse
MAWSIS LIK TO ETE CHE'S (mouses like to eat cheese)
The way he spells "eat" as "ete" he is using the rule that if the vowel has a silent "e" on the end it is most likely the long sound. I love that he is applying what I am teaching him. You just never know how much they retain. Our language is so complicated and I wonder how I am going to explain to him all the exceptions to the rules, but I am pretty sure he will get it! He is one smart kid.
I hope this made you smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So cute...I love reading what kids write!
You are doing such a great job teaching him. I know it's all about what God has planned for us to do but I just cannot see my brain being adequate in teaching my kids... don't feel smart enough!!
Post a Comment