
We have a tradition at the Blair house on Friday nights. It is family movie night. So, if we are in town and the kids are not spending the night with Mamaw we have movie night. Sometimes we get it taken away if we do not obey during the week, but for the most part we all get on the couch and eat popcorn and watch a movie. Sam usually only lasts for part of the movie and then we have to put her to bed. Now, if your thinking of a sweet little baby girl that has fallen asleep and couldn't make it through the movie...you are wrong! We usually have to put her to bed, so that we can actually SEE the movie.
Needless to say we all look forward to it. If it is a movie that I don't particularly love...I sometimes read a book while they are watching...I know I probably shouldn't do that, but the kids aren't old enough to care yet. Sometimes I even fall asleep in the movie--that is something I have always done, so why change it now. Ethan will tell me the next morning that he gave me a kiss when he went to bed because I fell asleep before him. Which is so cool to a 4 year old kid to go to bed AFTER his Mommy.
I hope that we create many more family traditions in the years to come. I wouldn't trade anything for those Sunday afternoons making movies with my family when I was little. Those are the things I remember! I want my kids to do the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment