Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Pictures and Wal Mart




Aren't these wonderful? I think so and many thanks to our friend Brent who took them for us. It was a last minute thing and the kids were not really cooperating, but he got some great shots.
Now, here comes the Wal Mart part...
I loaded the pictures onto WalMart.com and placed an order to be picked up later on Monday afternoon. When I got to Wal Mart to pick up the pictures that I had already PAID for, they told me I needed a copyright release because they "looked" professional before I could take them. I proceeded to tell them that a friend took them and he was an amateur and not a professional. To this they said I still needed something from him saying I could print them. I tried to explain that we both lived 30 minutes away and they didn't even have letterhead to write a copy release for me because they were not a company and on top of all that, the pictures were not copyrighted.
I called Dayna, Brent's wife, and she tried to talk to them, but they wouldn't talk to her. She had to get a manager's number and tried to talk with her. By this time, I am mad. I had to stand there and entertain my kids while Dayna tried to convince them to let me have pictures--which didn't work.
So, I asked for my money back, I returned the things in my cart to the shelves and the kids and I left Wal Mart. I am not sure when I'll go back. I am going to try to NOT go back if I can help it.
I understand policy, but I don't understand this one, when I had the person who took the pictures (well close enough) telling them it was okay.
Needless to say we are going to pick up our pictures as Costco tomorrow. Dayna has already been there with her pictures that Brent took and has warned them that others would be coming in to have pictures printed. Apparently all you to do is fill out a form...should have gone there in the first place...they are even cheaper too.
Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures...I love them! I hate Walmart and avoid it at ALL costs! No fun.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Pictures turned out AWESOME! I can't believe that happened to you at Walmart. I would have been SO annoyed...especially with having to entertain the kids...wow! The pictures do look professional :)