I like easy recipes for when I am in a hurry or the kids just aren't cooperating.
And yet, I like a challenge as well.
I like to plan ahead and prepare things for the week and I also like to spend an hour in the kitchen pulling together a great meal.
I used to rely solely on recipes, but have ventured out into creating my own meals.
I just wanted to share a few of the things I have made recently...
Chicken Chimichangas (thanks to my friend Rachel)
and Green Pea and Cilantro Rice


Vegetable Soup (My mom's favorite)
This time, I used sweet potatoes instead of white because I didn't have regular potatoes. I was making sweet potato fries to go with our homemade sloppy joes so I cut up a few and put them in the soup. It was really good.

Then I made up a version of Vegetable Lasagna. It was pretty good. I need to tweak it a little and make it better.

Cooking is so much fun for me and I wish I had known how much I would love it. I would have gleaned more information from BOTH of my grandmothers while they were still alive. They would be so proud now.

1 comment:
Erik said if you post the chimichanga recipe...it's all over :)
Post a Comment