Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's everywhere!

This past Sunday night I started feeling a little yucky. The stomach thing had hit and I was in the bed all day on Monday. Thank goodness for a husband who works from home and can be flexible!

This morning Sam woke up with the tummy thing. She couldn't hold anything down and after 5 episodes of vomiting, we called the doctor and took her in this afternoon.

She seemed to be feeling better on our drive into Franklin, so I was thinking...'great, they are going to think I'm a crazy mom that comes to the doctor for nothing.'

As we get off the interstate, she starts complaining about her mouth hurting. I am thinking now, 'at least we have something to talk about, right?'

Yeah well, as I am in line waiting to check in and as Steve is parking the car with Ethan...

She has this I am going to lose it look and she grabs her mouth as I am running to the bathroom.

We don't make it and there is watered down Gatorade EVERYWHERE.

She was pitiful.
The doctor's office staff was great. They brought me a wet wash cloth and assured me they would clean up the mess.

After an exam and strep test the verdict is...the stomach virus. Evidently I passed it to her and she will probably pass it to Ethan and Steve.

I hope not, but I am not holding my breath.

She was feeling a little bit better tonight and we let her eat 3 Popsicles and a few crackers. Hopefully we are at the end of it. Now, let's pray Ethan or Steve doesn't wake up with it tomorrow.

No comments: