Well, where do I start? Maybe last Friday when Ethan opened the garage door and Bauer, the dog, ran out. I mean he ran like crazy and never looked back. Well, except when Steve got in the car and chased him...he looked back and ran the opposite direction. See, he has had this habit lately of running if he gets the chance. But, he always comes back or we always find him the next day. This time...no such luck. We have looked everyday since Friday and we just can't find him.
So, today we went to the Maury County Animal Shelter to see if maybe he was there. No such luck again.
Now, here is the part you are not going to believe...
We came home today with a different dog. We made the mistake of taking the kids and well, we just couldn't resist.
We came home today with a different dog. We made the mistake of taking the kids and well, we just couldn't resist.
This dog is small and full grown. He is one and such a sweetie. He was half price...which is a little funny, because those of you who know me well, know I LOVE to get a deal. Half price at the shelter means that they are going to be killed soon. So, how could we not take this adorable pup home?
Now, as many friends and family have asked...what if Bauer comes back? Well, then I guess that means we'll have two dogs. Two dogs who have 24 inspired names that is!
Now, as many friends and family have asked...what if Bauer comes back? Well, then I guess that means we'll have two dogs. Two dogs who have 24 inspired names that is!
Yes, we named our new friend, Chase. Chase was a character on 24 in season 3. We also named him Chase because the lady at the shelter said that he was a Feist mix and they were dogs who love to chase squirrels. So, the name fits, don't you think?
Here are a few pics of the new one. I am hoping Bauer is in good hands...or that he finds his way home.




1 comment:
Oh my goodness Kim. Chase is cute. I can't believe that Bauer is still not home. You could end up with 2 dogs :)
Post a Comment