


Ahhh....Halloween. I am not sure where I stand on Halloween this year. It has really been a struggle for me. Ethan is just enamoured with the holiday and I don't think I am okay with that. He talks about ghosts all the time and we don't talk about those kinds of things at our house.
You see I haven't researched it's origin because it has never crossed my mind to do it. I am afraid if I do, we might not be participating in it next year. Up until we moved to TN, we always went to our church's fall festival. Well, here, our church doesn't do one, so we have had to come up with other things to do. For the past few years we have been getting together with family and the dressing the kids up and trick or treating to a few neighbor's houses.
This year we went to the mall to trick or treat. I was thinking it would be a safe place to go and it was for the most part, but my kids were exposed to some scary costumes that I really didn't want them seeing.
So, where does that leave me? I don't know. I am going to look into and talk with Steve and we will make a decision before next year. I want my kids to have fun, but I also want to honor My Father in what we do as a family.
Here are a few pictures of my little Princess and Spiderman.
My kids LOVE to dress up, so we went the day after Halloween to buy play dress up clothes. We came home with Transformers, Cinderella, and Super-girl (which Sam calls "Super Duper.") They have had lots of fun playing dress up.

No comments:
Post a Comment