Well, the election is over and it didn't turn out the way I wanted but it was a teachable moment with Ethan. I had gotten an idea from a fellow homeschooling friend to have him color in a blank map as the states were called for each candidate.He didn't understand at first but caught on rather quickly. In the beginning he was really excited to see blue on his map (his favorite color!) But we told him, he really wanted to see red...lots of red.
We told him the candidate's names and why we wanted John McCain to win. It is really funny to hear your 5 year old saying "Marack Obama" and "John McCain."
At about 10pm he was getting tired and asked Steve to color in the rest of his map for him so he could go to bed. (The picture is of Ethan coloring in his map the day after the election. He was a little OCD about it. We had to check many times during the day to see if they had called NC or MO.)
The next morning he was at Steve's mom's because of our little trip to the ER with Sam. When he woke up she told him that Barack Obama was our new president.
To this he says, "Oh no, my Daddy didn't want him to win. He said he wouldn't be a good president."
When I picked him up on Wednesday morning, he was kind of upset about it. He told me "Marack Obama won, Mommy." I then told him how we needed to respect him, because he was our new president and that we needed to pray for Obama to love Jesus and ask him into his heart.
Later that day, I hear him in the living room saying...or rather praying, "help Marack Obama love Jesus and ask him into his heart. In Jesus name, Amen."
I hope that I will be that diligent to pray for Obama...for his salvation, for his views on abortion...for his financial plan...for his leadership.
I do know one thing...my God is not surprised. He is in control and I am trusting Him with everything in me.

1 comment:
Kim...that makes me cry...don't you just love it when you hear your kids pray spontaneously without our prodding..."the faith of a child..."
Post a Comment