These were the words I said to the ER doctor at Vanderbilt Children's ER Tuesday night.
Sam woke up with a cough and I immediately knew it was croup. We got her into the bathroom with a steamy shower and Steve held her as I called our doctor's office. She couldn't catch her breath and it was scary. I really felt like it would get worse before it got better, so they advised us to bring her to the ER.
By the time we got Ethan to Steve's mom's house, Sam was asleep in the car.
By the time we got to the hospital and she woke up, she was fine.
NO COUGHING AT ALL, just a little horse.
The doctor did say that it sounded like croup and he gave her steroids that should last 3 days.
She is much better, but is still coughing some today. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry...even if it makes you exhausted the next day from being up all night for NO REASON! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad that Sam is alright. I know that when they are having problems breathing it is scary. Better safe than sorry...especially since we live so far away. Why do things like that happen either at night or on the weekends...oh well.
Post a Comment