Sam is having a hard time going "number 2" in the potty today. She is a little constipated and so she has to "go" every 10 minutes with no success. It is quite sad--so I was trying to distract her by singing some songs to her while she was on the potty. I started with "The Wheels on the Bus" and then moved to "Five Little Ducks" and finally I was singing "10 Little Monkeys." So, here I am singing,
"10 little monkeys jumping on the bed
one fell off and bumped his head
the mommy called the doctor
and the doctor said,
'no more monkeys
jumping on the bed.' "
I then sing about 9 of the monkeys and then 8 and then 7 and then 6 and when I am singing about the 6th monkey jumping on the bed, I say to Sam, "And the doctor said....What did the doctor say Sam?" To this she replies, "SHOT!"
So, I guess the 6th monkey gets a shot because he wasn't listening and was jumping on the bed.
I know you are asking if this worked and we completed our task in the potty! Nope, not yet. I really don't know if I have any more tricks up my sleeve, so I am praying she goes soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment