


Ethan has been wanting to go to the zoo and we have missed the zoo play dates with my friends, so yesterday we decided to go. Steve was looking for a day off so he went with us. We played at the Jungle Gym and then set off to look at the "aminals." While we were in the "Snake place" we saw two frogs that were "wrestling" according to Ethan. I am glad he thought they were wrestling because I wasn't prepared to explain what they were really doing. We went to the next display of frogs and you guessed it--more "wrestling." Oh the education you can get at the zoo and even on things you don't want to be educated about!
We then decided to take the kids to a movie. The thought of a nice air conditioned place was really appealing to me. So we settled into our seats with our $5 large coke to share and waited for the new Disney Pixar movie, Wall E, to start. Needless to say, Steve and I were very disappointed. It was boring at first and then it had a political agenda. Come on---this is a kid's movie. According to the writer's, Americans are going to trash the earth and then have to go live in space and become fat and never do anything. So, I don't recommend it. It was a waste of time and money.
Overall though, we had a great family day. Steve got his mind of work and the kids had a great time at the zoo and the movies...and I had some help today with the kiddos.

No comments:
Post a Comment