Next we moved onto our Beginnings curriculum which includes a variety of things including Phonics. I read Ethan a story and asked him some questions to check his comprehension. He then learned how to hold his pencil correctly. I was afraid he was going to fight me on this one, but he didn't and he picked it up quickly.
We took a break and spent some time outside. This brought back some memories for me...David and I would play outside during our breaks from home school. We would climb this tree in our front yard. Those were some fun times that I will never forget. I hope I am creating those moments for Ethan and Sam.

Next was Math time. We talked about Circles and used the color Red. He also used his pencil hold to trace the circles.
We started today around 9:30am and were finished by noon. When Steve asked him how school went today, he said, "Great!" I am so glad he had a great first day...and I didn't miss a thing. He was all smiles after we finished. I think I am going to love this.On a side note...Sam got in trouble 2 times while we were doing school and cried a lot this morning. Let's just say this may need to happen during nap time until she goes to Mom's Day Out in September.


No comments:
Post a Comment