Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reading


Ethan has been doing great with school. The curriculum I picked for this year teaches a different letter and sound every other day. It doesn't start with A then move to B then to C, etc. It started with I, then T, then S, then N and so on. So he is learning early on to sound out simple words like "it" and "sit" and "in" and "sin." It is so much fun to see him sound it out and then realize what word it is and say it with a big smile on his face. We were doing the letter H and the sound /h/. He was trying to read the word "hit" and it comes out /h/-/a/-/i/-/t/, then he proudly says "hat!" We have had to work hard on this one. It is so cute though and he doesn't seem to get too frustrated.

Now, if I could just find Sam something she is interested in for more than 2 seconds we might make even more progress in this schooling thing!