Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Time Mom

When Steve was in a band, the sound guy...a.k.a van driver... a.k.a everything else guy's name was Todd. Steve and the guys would tell this story that every time Todd got in the van and shut the door he always had to do it twice. He never got it quite shut on the first close. So, they called him "two time Todd."

Well, this is what comes to my mind as I think about my morning so far and it is only 8:45 AM.

I have made 2 bowls of oatmeal, but not at the same time.

I have dried Sam's hair twice! Yes, twice! I dried it when she got out of the bath and then again after she played in the water in the sink.

I have given Ethan 2 baths this morning because he peed in the bath water. Yeah, I know a five year old should not be peeing in the bath tub.

If this is any indication of my day, then I am a little worried. I don't think I have the time to do everything twice today.

I was saying the other day that everything seemed to be so hard...that nothing was easy. I was having a pity party and was just cranky. But sometimes, to be honest is seems as though nothing is easy. Parenting...homeschooling...nap time...supper time...bed time...on and on...

I think about all I have and have been given and I am thankful...really I am, even though it doesn't sound that way. There are people out there suffering more than I could ever imagine. I think sometimes it is just good to be honest and get it off my chest. I need to repent and move on.

SO, that being said. I am going to choose to have a great day! Even if I have to do many things twice.

Just call me "two time Mom"

No comments: