Monday, August 18, 2008

Things that make me happy...

...a no-fight nap time and a sleeping child

...hearing my child sound out words and the smile on his face when he gets it right

...waking up on my own, even if it is 7 am

...time with my husband

...laughing with friends

...cooking

...a clean house (not the cleaning of the house..just a clean one)

...nothing to do

...discovering a new truth in the Word that I had not seen before

This is not an exhaustive list, but some that I could think of off hand. I have been really tired today coming off of a fun, but busy weekend and I needed some time to sit and be thankful.

By the way, that "no-fight nap time and sleeping child" happened today about an hour ago and I can't wipe the smile off my face. It is funny the things that can make us happy, even in the midst of doing laundry!

No comments: