Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Craft time



First of all let me tell you I am so glad it is summer. I took on a little to much this year and I am thankful to have a little break from all of my various jobs and activities. Having said that, I am finding that I don't know what to do with myself lately....so, I thought we'd have craft time yesterday. I thought maybe a mosaic might be a fun thing for the kiddos.

Ethan's take on the project was far different from Sam's and it was fun to see how they each made it their own. I did not help them at all and they came up with some beautiful art--and I am not biased at all.

I did figure out that Sam was going to put every piece on hers until they ran out, so I bagged some of the cut-outs for a later crafting session. She kept saying, "Almost done mommy!"

I used a small paper plate and put a little glue on it and gave each of the kids a Popsicle stick to dip in it and then dab on the shapes. I will say it turned out to be a great idea. They didn't get glue everywhere and it was just enough for each piece of construction paper.

Then we used the Popsicle sticks to make a puppet out of another small paper plate.

Wow, the things you can do when you have time on your hands!

No comments: