
These were words spoken by Ethan at t-ball practice last Monday. Back in March we asked him if he wanted to sign up for t-ball and he said yes. So after a snow and postponed sign-ups we finally got him on the list. He would tell everyone, "I'm signing up for t-ball!" The first practice, 2 weeks ago, was quite funny. He had no clue what he should do so he did a little ballet, kicked around some dirt, threw his glove and hat in the air and finally got bored and yelled, "Daddy, I'm ready to get out of this circle" (the one drawn in the dirt by the coach to keep the kids in their position and not running off after every ball.) He did, however, say he had fun on our way home that night. Now, for this past Monday...He was the kid picked to practice batting first! Woohoo! He was excited. Daddy had worked with him over the week and he was hitting pretty good. He got to hit 3 times and then they have to run. He was having a great time. After being put in the field, he also actually chased after the ball this time, which was a huge improvement from the week before. He even shouted out, "Hey, I'm winning" to the crowd of adoring parents. He kept on chasing the ball even if it was on the other side of the field, so we (Daddy, Mommy and the assistant coach) kept telling him to stay in his position. This is when he got bored again and yelled, "Daddy, I want to unsign!" If it were that easy??? This was a great opportunity for Steve and I to teach him that we don't quit what we have started just because the ball isn't coming to us and we aren't up to bat. Oh, the lessons we learn ourselves from teaching our little ones.

1 comment:
Awwww Kim that is so cute! Priceless lol Kids blow me away with what they say all the time:) Thanks for sharing this blog with me, it is fun to read what is going on with ya'll:) I miss ya girl alot! Call me sometime! Please tell Steve hello from me and give the kids a hug for me !:) Hope we can talk soon! Love ya, Avery
Post a Comment