Wednesday, May 28, 2008

He scores and he's bored!


Ethan had his first t-ball game last night at 7:15pm. Yes, that is 45 minutes away from bedtime! I tell you this for a reason...


He started out doing great. He ran after the all the balls hit anywhere on the field from his position at short-stop (for those of you who do not know where that is--it is near 3rd base.) He also was 2nd to bat and had a great hit as well. He ran as fast as he could (I think, and if it is, we need to work on running) and made it to first base, then second, then third, and then home--not a home run, but over the course of the next 2 hits! So, he scored, sort of--if they actually kept score, that is.


After about 4 "innings" he was getting a little tired and maybe a little bored also. He sat down on 2nd base at one point and didn't keep his glove on the entire time. His already slow running became even slower. He was a tired boy.


Overall, I was a proud Mommy last night as I watched my boy play ball. He said he enjoyed it and I think he did, it was just bed time and he was exhausted. He even wanted Steve to carry him in from the car...the funny thing is that he all of a sudden could walk after Steve had put his PJ's on and it was time for bed!?!? Go figure!


No comments: